Hyde Park, London
Just 20 minutes walk from The Harrington Residences, Hyde Park covers 350 acres and is home to a number of famous landmarks including the Serpentine Lake, Speakers’ Corner and theDiana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain. The park offers various recreational activities including open water swimming, boating, cycling, tennis and horse riding. It is the perfect place to work out or relax and go for a stroll.
Kensington Palace Gardens,
The palace gardens are an intimate, tranquil and secluded oasis. Kensington Gardens covers 242 acres and was originally part of the now-adjacent Hyde Park. They are beautiful at any time of the year especially with all the flowers coming into bloom during the spring.
Fulham Road, London. SW10 9UG
Brompton Cemetery is one of Britain’s oldest and most distinguished garden cemeteries. It combines historic monuments, trees and wildlife with the stories of the remarkable people buried here. 205,000 people from all walks of life are buried in Brompton Cemetery, from the suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst to military personnel and Chelsea Pensioners, artists, actors and founders of Chelsea Football Club. There are some 35,000 monuments of which 28 are Listed.
66 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London SW3 4HS
Tucked away beside the Thames, Chelsea Physic Garden is a celebration of the beauty and importance of plants. This walled Garden was founded in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries for its apprentices to study the medicinal qualities of plants and it became one of the most important centres of botany and plant exchange in the world.
Battersea Park, London
Battersea Park is situated on the south bank of the River Thames opposite Chelsea, and was opened in 1858. The park is home to a small children’s zoo, a boating lake, a bandstand, and all-weather outdoor sporting facilities including tennis courts, a running track and football pitches.
Conservatory Yard, London, Middlesex W4 2QN
Chiswick House is a magnificent neo-Palladian villa set in beautiful historic gardens in west London. A £12.1 million project has restored the gardens which were unveiled in June 2010. Built by the third Earl of Burlington in 1729 to showcase his art collection and to enthral his guests, the house continues to display many spectacular works of art.